Presentation of Arfotur
Arfotur, Research and Tourism Training Activity, operates in the field of continuous training and lifelong learning carrying out activities to enrich professional skills, enhance the specialistic qualifications and and direct the professionals figures responding to the rapidly changing nature of the labor market in the tourism sector.
As an Accredited Training and certificate, Arfotur Arfotur considers the training base for any process of personal and professional development. To this end, proposes:
- training activities mainly dedicated to individual companies or consortia of companies operating in the tourism sector and who wish to acquire a competitive role in the market through the upgrading of its personnel;
- training courses catalogs for students and employees who wish to acquire or update skills through specialistic and vocational training;
- third level subrogation courses: micro-specializations inserted in the activity of the Vocational State Schools for Tourism in Lombardy.
Arfotur is also involved in activities to support the companies, offering the following services:
- expert advice and assistance throughout the training: training needs analysis, development of training projects included in the corporate context, evaluation of results against objectives and developing plans for continuous training;
- career guidance and information on new professionals;
- scientific research in the tourism sector;
- publishing and multimedia content creation for the tourism sector and e-learning.
Arfotur has carried out the following activities successfully for years:
1 – Stages and international internship with the release of the EUROPASS booklet
The stage planning in Italy and internship abroad allows students and professionals to work in international business contexts, testing their language and professional skills enabling users to acquire technical and specialized skills to spend on the labor market.
These skills are certified through the release of the EUROPASS booklet to each participant, according to the current legislation.
2 – Stages and linguistic stays
Through the linguistic stage the participant has the opportunity to attend a course of study in a foreign language at specialized and certified schools. The stage is an opportunity for the participant to deepen their language skills and a time of personal growth through the moments of interaction with the socio-cultural reality of the host country.
The main objectives of the linguistic stage are the consolidation and expansion of communicative skills acquired in a foreign language, to be spent in work activities and leisure.
3 – Training and educational and professional updating:
- training for young people and unemployed adults or graduate students;
- lifelong learning and continuous training for employees of companies;
- management training;
- higher technical education, with regional and community funding;
- external training for apprentices;
- targeted training for certification of tourism professions;
- training for support and redevelopment of tourism enterprises;
- training for public institutions to support the image of the local tourism product;
- distance learning for tour operators.
4 – Career guidance and employment services:
- databases in favor of the encounter between the demand and labor offer in the tourism sector;
- pre-selection, professional information, career guidance and all activities whose purpose is to reduce the time of unemployment, facilitating the meeting between the demand and supply of labor in the tourism sector.
5 – Development of tourism in the territory and scientific research in the tourism and related services.
6 – Assistance and expert advice in relation to private operators, public entities (regions, municipalities, provinces, mountain communities), companies, consortia and associations that are part of the tourism industry and related services. .
7 – Publishing production and multimedia products, targeted to the tourism sector and related services;
- to carry out market researches;
- feasibility studies toward tourist destinations;
- to promote local tourism systems and the tourist offer in partnership with local authorities, private parties, and individual members, as part of the planning of the territory by encouraging the integration of tourism policy and that of the economic development;
- to promote and support the technological innovation of tourist information offices and offers, through the use of electronic marketing of typical tourism products;
- to organize and manage conferences.